GENERA Network and Meetings
GENERA POLICY Workshop & The GENERA Network
20 June 2018, London
Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
2 Savoy Place London WC2R 0BL
9:30 – 17:00
Genera is a European project funded under Horizon 2020 (2015–2018) to implement Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) in physics research organisations. genera developed a range of evidence- and practice-based tools and recommendations to assist in the design and implementation of GEPs, not just in physics but also in other areas.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
• Part 1 (morning): Present and obtain feedback from science and policy communities on the content of the GENERA Policy Briefs prepared to provide a summary and assessment of the evidence on the progress made in mainstreaming gender at different policy levels: institution/field, eu/era, and Europe wide; and
• Part 2 (afternoon): Present and obtain feedback on the future of the genera Network as a channel for knowledge and experience sharing in implementing GEPs and as an opportunity to create a Community of Practice that can further advance GEP implementation tools and methods.
You should attend the workshop if you:
• are directly or indirectly responsible for policy making on gender equality in physic or stem fields at the institutional, national, or European level;
• have seen gender equality plans “in action”;
• are interested in improving good practices and conditions for effective gep implementation; and
• want to develop initiatives to make careers in physics and related fields more attractive and rewarding for (young) women in particular
Registration is now OPEN.